Back to Letter of Reprimand
12 July 2012
MEMORANDUM FOR (NAME OF INDIVIDUAL)
FROM: Unit/OFFICE SYMBOL
SUBJECT: Letter of Reprimand, SrA Sullivan
1. This letter of reprimand is in response to and documents your violation of UCMJ Article 91, Insubordinate Conduct Toward a Noncommissioned Officer (NCO). On 11 Jul 2012, you were instructed by TSgt Leake to remove your car from the compound and clean up the parking lot. As he walked out of the break room, you said "fuck you, jackass". Although TSgt Leake didn't hear you, everyone else in the break room did including SrA Osborne and A1C Tucker.
2. Although you were in the wrong for bringing your car into the compound and washng it on duty time, that is not the issue here. The issue is your actions toward TSgt Leake and your attitude toward your superiors. I and others in the workcenter have noticed a trend of insubordinate behavior on your part although it has not been formally documented until now. Your actions have been detrimental to unit morale and the discipline of this organization.
3. You will report for extra duty on 14 July, this Saturday. Report to MSgt Lewis in the orderly room at 0800. You will work until released. You will then report to the First Sergeant's office on Monday, 16 July at 0800. At that time, you and I and the First Sergeant will discuss the possible consequences of your actions and determine the best course of action.
4. In summary, I will not tolerate disrespect toward an NCO for any reason. It is absolutely unacceptable and must have consequences. I will be monitoring your behavior and performance and if there is any further misconduct, I will refer you to the Commander and recommend non-judicial punishment.
5. PRIVACY ACT STATEMENT. AUTHORITY: 10 U.S.C. 8013. PURPOSE: To obtain any comments or documents you desire to submit for consideration concerning this action. ROUTINE USE: Provides you an opportunity to submit comments or documents for consideration. If provided, the comments or documents you submit become a part of the action. DISCLOSURE: Your written acknowledgment or receipt and signature are mandatory. Any other comments or documents you provide are voluntary.
6. You will indicate receipt and understanding of this letter in the space below. You have 3 duty days in which to provide a response if you choose. A response is not required.
SUPERVISORS NAME, RANK, USAF
1st Ind, Name of Individual
TO: Unit/Office Symbol
Receipt acknowledged at _________________hours, on ___________________ 2012.
I understand that I may submit a response within three duty days.
Name of Individual, RANK, USAF